Eternal Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Pack ranks

+3
Alice_Liddell
Archeron
Wind Song
7 posters

Go down

Eternal Pack ranks Empty Eternal Pack ranks

Post by Wind Song Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 am

Hello guys,
Over the last few weeks, this subject has popped up from time to time. And the leads want the input from the members about this.
Currently, the ranking system is loosely based on seniority. The longer you are in the pack, the higher the rank... templar being the highest. Now the subject I want to bring to you is: should we change the ranking system?
In other sgs, each rank has a certain job. Some examples are: lead, rule enforcers, promotions, events, invites... etc. Atm, we basically have the leads and then everyone else without defined job. While you have to gain rank to invite, post events, and gain more access to the bank... there isnt a defined job for each rank.
Some of the possible issues with this set up, without a role for the rank the ranks dont have meaning. If someone is templar but never invites, does that rank have meaning? On the flip side, if there is an issue and no leads are on... who do you go to to settle the matter?
Some possible issues and fear for redoing the rank system: buttkissers, backstabing, ranks are the most important, higer rank = better people, I'm higher than you then Im better attuide, amoung others.
If the ranks where to be reworked, some people might gain or loose ranks.. however there would be set group of rule enforcers, promoters etc...

So... what do you think? Please post honestly.
Thanks,
Wind Song
Wind Song
Wind Song

CO Handle : @ShadowKat83
Awesomeness Meter : 6
Awesomeness Meter : 51

http://windsong83.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Eternal Pack ranks Empty Re: Eternal Pack ranks

Post by Archeron Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 am

Since the EP is getting bigger: if we do keep maintaining our current style (that rank is not very important): we're gonna get some people who eventually reach higher ranks and just screw everything up: they way we have it is good for a smaller SG but since our SG is growing considerably fast i think it be better to have ranks have more importance.
Archeron
Archeron

CO Handle : @crosknight
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice_Liddell Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 am

I don't agree because that is the time Beasties went down hill we started growing more and that caused its downfall because we stopped acting like family. I think the ranks should be structured to let everyone have the essentials the VERY first people to join should not have the ability to do anything. However after they have proved they aren't mean or stupid rank them up to give ALL the basic things immediately SG invites ability to host events and a EP chat invite. After that they need to show they can be trusted more then give them access to the SG vault to avoid the stealing people. Everything else having to do with ranks or jobs isn't needed and can cause issues such as a member kicking someone for stupid things, jealousy, and drama and only the three leaders need that ability. If we start making this more business like and less like a family we will go the route of Beasties which can't happen again.

PS. yes ranks wouldn't have meaning but we could think of fun names for them instead of title stuff to avoid the power hungry's and everyone would be equal:P

Last edited by Alice_Liddell on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Alice_Liddell
Alice_Liddell

CO Handle : @Sabre_Niquole
Awesomeness Meter : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice_Liddell Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 am

oh yah i forgot something another thing i think we should do is kick members who haven't been on in over 8 months i've had a lot of guild managing experience over the time ive played and have found 8 is a pretty good number to go by it helps with gauging the guilds growth and over all members as well without people having to worry about being kicked just because they haven't been on for a couple months its a long time so no stress on members+it helps to get a correct picture of the guild win win^^
Alice_Liddell
Alice_Liddell

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkirby0063 Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Before I begin, I'd like to outline somethings.

I don't believe that ranks should equate into power. Thats not what I was suggesting when I brought up the subject of ranks, it was because of the activeness of the leaders in general. I understand the reasons Wind Song is barely active, but the other two kinda not.

But thats personal opinion.

The idea of having ranks is an great Idea if you can isolate the powers for the individual ranks. Having tiered levels of ranks has always caused problems for guilds and groups in the past, but only if they are evenly distributed between the tiers.

Tier 1:

Leaders, obviously. They lead. And have full executive powers.

Tier 2:

Second in Commands. They don't have full executive powers, just enough to enforce the will of the leaders so the work load won't be too much. These guys can also promote and demote

Tier 3:

Security/Enforcer - Basically they enforce the rules and report any issues to the leaders or the SiCs.

Recruiter - Basically they can invite people to the Super Group. that their job.

Bankers - People trusted to maintain the super group bank.

If you can isolate the jobs each rank can do, then i believe the SG can run smoothly.
mrkirby0063
mrkirby0063

CO Handle : @mk0063
Awesomeness Meter : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice_Liddell Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 pm

the problem with that is everyone will want to get to the next rank think about this 1 we don't need a super group vault banker its for everyone once they are trusted they have access if it get messy someone will just organize it like bbb did a couple days ago 2 we dont need recruiters unless we only care about growing people request to join when they see us hanging out and having fun sure we can still look for people but its not a big deal 3 security/enforcer we dont have rules other than be amazing and is the one that could cause the most issues if people are being mean EVERYONE will see it we dont need tattle tails or people looking for problems cause every group will always have some 4 second in command should be able to promote and demote but kicking should be reserved for leaders only because if an issue does happen they can demote all privaledges till it get sorted out
Alice_Liddell
Alice_Liddell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsyro Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 am

Greetings all,

Well i think i share now my opinion on this issue.
As long as EP is still growing we need structure in the ranks, there are for sure some things we have to care about.

1. We shouldnt forget that EP is based SG that everyone is on an equal level, everyone got the same rights.

2. Who gets which rank? and does it makes someone any better as from someone who cant invite or do events?

3. How do we get all to dicuss the issue? and does everyone wants to be involved or say his opinion?

Those are just some points or questions which came in my mind.
The idea that there is one rank for events, one for invites [...] is a pretty one, but what we do if someone wants to do events and be able to invite peoples?

To come to a point i think its the best if we do a SG meeting and dicuss this issue all or the most of us together. So it should be at a time where as well our three leaders are able to come and the members.
But i think that is just a small problem.

Thats my opinion and as well my questions for myself which came up the last days.

Tsyro / Rasio Cool

Tsyro

CO Handle : @Tsyro
Awesomeness Meter : 3
Awesomeness Meter : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuka Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

I do believe the ranking system should stay as it is, where you gain more privileges based on seniority but you're still equal to everyone else. It would avoid a lot of drama/power struggles that comes with normal guild/clan ranking systems.
Nuka
Nuka
Resident Hax0r

CO Handle : @JaxBug
Awesomeness Meter : 19
Awesomeness Meter : 354

http://eternal.alianceforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybeast18 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Even though, I really can't think of anything good...I think the SG ranking system is good just the way it is.
Cybeast18
Cybeast18

CO Handle : @Cybeast
Awesomeness Meter : 1
Awesomeness Meter : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down