Eternal Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Furry?

5 posters

Go down

Are you Furry? Empty Are you Furry?

Post by Tymek Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Let me just start off by asking the questions. "Are you Furry?"

The reason I am bringing this up is that the other day I was chatting with other Beasties in game and the subject came up. I found it interesting that some members liked antho characters, but did not like the 'furry' tag that sometimes goes with anthros. I dont see much of a difference, but I can understand the negative view of furries, not all of it there own fault. There have been a number of wild stories over the years of the sick things that 'furries' do. Not even getting into the subject of fursuiters, but sometimes it feels like one can not be talk about furries without fursuits coming up.

I for one, am a furry. Have been for a very long time. To me, it is a way to relate to the world and people in it while not being 'me'. My characters are a mask that I feel would be more interesting to others then the everyday person that I am. Who out there doesn't want to be different at some point of time or other?

Now I could go on, but I am just wondering about the views member have on this subject. Are you furry?
Tymek
Tymek

CO Handle : (Violent Violet Vixen;CAlypso Pantera;Maston)@tymek2001
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 16

Back to top Go down

Are you Furry? Empty Re: Are you Furry?

Post by IshaAito Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:44 pm

I am definitely a furry. Most people don't like furries just because of the sexual references that come into it. Fursuiters aren't always doing that to be sexual, in fact most of them aren't even made to allow that kind of thing.

I have always loved being a furry because when you say anthro, it is more relating to were creatures rather then ones that stay fuzzy all the time. This relation has come more from werewolves then anything else, as they were the first anthro creatures in mythology that I am aware of. Most people don't like the term furry also because of how they are treated as one in most social outlets. Furries are the new black people of the internet. I'm not saying that to dis any black person either. Just look at how furries are treated online, there is racism against them, "furry" has been used as an insult, there are even chat rooms that ban furries. Also, just like how some black people do, furries make chat rooms that are purely for furries (meaning they don't even allow werewolf type of characters in because they can still be considered a fleshy), they came up with the term fleshy to use as any insult to anyone who can still be considered human, and some of them even go as far as to hate anyone who isn't a furry.

Even on the internet we can't get away from the way society works. And no matter what, I don't think anyone is going to bother trying to change things. Everyone just wants somebody to hate.
IshaAito
IshaAito

CO Handle : Ketara@ishaaito
Awesomeness Meter : 5
Awesomeness Meter : 116

Back to top Go down

Are you Furry? Empty Re: Are you Furry?

Post by Lagger Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Furry Puppy o3O Right Here ^_^
Lagger
Lagger

CO Handle : @Jonny2211197