Eternal Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grond Hunting,phase 1

+4
Moon Huntress
General Taurus
Sunny
Uncle Delta
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grond Hunting,phase 1 Empty Grond Hunting,phase 1

Post by Uncle Delta Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 am

GROND HUNTIN' Grond Hunting,phase 1 Vanquished_Grond

Alrighty, as most of y'all know, I'm planning a Grond hunt event. It will be held this Friday (29th) at 11 PM UK time-check in game what time it's for you.

Now, what we know a bout Grond:

-He's strong, some attacks go past 4000 damage;
-He jumps after a while, moving onto another position;
-Has1,105,041 HP;
-Being pursued by UNTIL and VIPER;
-All he wants is a hug from Uncle Delta 'n Friends.

Grond's bio:
Sidney Potter was a small-time thug whose string of bad luck got him locked away a third time. Potter knew his only chance to get any sort of leniency from the warden and the parole board was to volunteer for special medical experiments. Getting poked and prodded by a few eggheads in exchange for a few decades knocked off his sentence seemed like a good idea to Potter.

But Potter's bad luck was just beginning. Upon discovering he was injected with the wrong experimental serum, Potter went berserk. When prison guards attempted to subdue him, he was thrown into a shelf full of chemicals, which entered his body through dozens of cuts caused by broken glass beakers. Fighting his way past the guards, Potter escaped into a rainy night, diving into a heavily polluted river—just as lightning struck. Scientists have since theorized radiation also figured prominently into Potter's calamitous transformation, but none can agree exactly how.

A few days later, an enormous green-skinned, four-armed monster calling himself "Grond" went on a downtown rampage. The creature was captured, and tests conclusively proved the man-monster was once Sidney Potter, but no one could find a way to transform him back or hold Grond against his will for any amount of time.

In the years since Grond's first appearance, the great brute has attacked sporadically, always proving to be an almost unstoppable destructive force and one of the world's most dangerous superpowered threats. He's gone on to cause billions upon billions of dollars of property damage and untold misery and left a swath of horrific destruction in his wake.

This is how Grond looks like, for those who dont know Razz :
Grond Hunting,phase 1 Grond

Now, he's extremly difficult, and he jumps from one location to another after a while. We will need high lvl people for this, preferrably range'ers, healers and tanks to get his attention. And get a flying based travel power if possiblee-makes finding and getting to him a LOT faster.

Additional guide on taking Grond down:

"Okie folks, after messing around with Grond I thought it would be good to toss up a quick post on where to find the 4 armed Hulk wannabe and how to beat him. Now on to the WHAT to do portion of this:

First off, Grond does not stay in any one place for very long. He’ll bash everything in site for a couple minutes then he will say some nonsense about being bored at which point he will jump away. Oh yes, every time he hops he’ll Regenerate/Heal roughly 20,000 health back immediately it seems and if not attacked immediately at his new landing point he will Regenerate/Heal faster. Now that jumping thing is the only real challenge the big oaf really represents since once Grond jumps you have to go chase him down again and re-engage him by which point he has probably regained all the health you took from him; an annoying cycle to be certain.

So the major problem here is you cant hold him still long enough to beat him down and if you try to chase him around you’ll never really win the fight… hrmm.. how then do we defeat this mutant Hulkster? Read on heroes…

Here’s the trick.. you will need at least TWO groups, not necessarily 5 man groups but 2 distinct groups. You will basically setup a leap frog game where group 1 engages Grond at his current location. group 2 does NOT fight there, they instead go to wait at the next landing location to catch Grond after he jumps away. While group 2 engages Grond, group 1 moves ahead to the next landing spot to engage him when he jumps again.. keep playing this game of leap frog and keeping little Grondy there aggroed and dps’d and you will eventually beat him. Seems simple enough but wait.. that jumping thing.. it would be great if we actually knew where he was going to be jumping to huh? Well everyone can thank someguymc for posting his very own Grond Jump Point Map. I’ve used it myself and it is accurate, Good Job! The map is at the bottom of this post.

Now get out there and find Grond…Death to greenie!"

Here's a map of Grond's jumps:

(I'll fill this in as soon as I resize the map)

As you can see, someone will need this map open in a smallwer window,in order to help the rest tracking him easier.

This is just phase 1, meaning we will be killed almost each time. That will allow us to re-evaluate the fight, and plan new strategies for Phase 2.

For any more info, contact me In Game (Subject Delta/ Fleur-De-lis) or post any comments below.

Also, in ANY CASE we beat Grond and he drops loot, I will collect it and contact the leaders on what to do with it. Grond drops some powerful items, I'd rather not have waste the time killing him on someone picking the loot and selling it/ doing anything else to it without the rest agreeing to it.

Well, let's hope for the best, eh?

Last edited by Uncle Delta on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

CO Handle : @dick
Awesomeness Meter : 14
Awesomeness Meter : 147

Back to top Go down

Grond Hunting,phase 1 Empty Re: Grond Hunting,phase 1

Post by Sunny Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am

Uncle Delta wrote:Well, let's hope for the best, eh?

I'd word it more along the lines of "Let's hope we don't die right away." Shocked
Oh god, I'll try to hit at least 30 by Friday for this event. Don't know how that'll work out, but I'll try. Razz (So that way, I wont die right away.. ;D)

Kinda looks like if the Hulk mutated, again.
Sunny
Sunny

CO Handle : Sunny/Anonymous
Awesomeness Meter : 1
Awesomeness Meter : 88

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sunnydubz

Back to top Go down

Post by General Taurus Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I got aloooooooot of catching up to do..
General Taurus
General Taurus

CO Handle : General Taurus
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Huntress Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm still too young for that event Sad
Moon Huntress
Moon Huntress

CO Handle : Moon Huntress
Awesomeness Meter : 153

http://avatars.imvu.com/AppleMousie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

...I don;t think my frosty heart can withstand his 4-armed love. Or a rock. Yeah, um... Is he susceptible to root/hold/stun/whatever? If so, then that's also going to help a lot... And here's hoping that the tanks will keep his attention.
Arkas
Arkas
The Dread Lord

CO Handle : @ADDGuy @AppleGravy
Awesomeness Meter : 7
Awesomeness Meter : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 am

What is the minimum recommended level to do this? oO

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 am

34ish... I would guess. 34 means that your arsenal of gear and skills is up to the challenge, and that you know how exactly to take on bosses like this. 34 also means that you totally kick ass.
Arkas
Arkas
The Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:41 am

I set the minimum on 20, but that could be people going as additional support or something. But yeah, will be grinfding lvls too! Very Happy
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:43 am

Uncle Delta wrote:I set the minimum on 20, but that could be people going as additional support or something. But yeah, will be grinfding lvls too! Very Happy

Oh good.. then I could provide Long range gunner and Regen Offensive tank for ya :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 am

I just need to get Unbreakable on the next lvl, so that Grond's hugs won't crush me too soon ^^
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 am

I could join in as a tank, but I would need a healer focused on me. Probably can't grind to level 34 by Friday, mostly because during the week I don't get on to often anyway, also have no idea what I will be doing at the time of the hunt, could still be working when you guys head out.
IshaAito
IshaAito

CO Handle : Ketara@ishaaito
Awesomeness Meter : 5
Awesomeness Meter : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 pm

34 was a guesstimation, based on how quickly I was crushed by Grond in a chance encounter. Also based on the fact that he's a Cosmic, and that he himself is supposedly lvl 26.
Arkas
Arkas
The Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Keppabar Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello, not sure if it's too late to sign up, but I've got a level 36 soldier with a maxed out minigun. Should be able to do some damage with that as long as people can keep him focused away from me. Wink

Keppabar

Awesomeness Meter : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

So who's ready to get Grond-stomped today?
Sunny
Sunny

CO Handle : Sunny/Anonymous
Awesomeness Meter : 1
Awesomeness Meter : 88

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sunnydubz

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:05 am

Phase 2 of the Grond Hunt will be hosted only when I find enough time to do so and for people actually interested in beating him. I'd rather not wait another week for people to get bored after 5 minutes...
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 am

I was at work when it all went down, weekends are really the only day I can be on whenever you guys wanna do stuff. Just got to let me know a time the day before so I can try to be among the living instead of sleeping with the dead.
IshaAito
IshaAito

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 am

Heh. Don't worry about missing that Grond hunt, it was a total flop. He was glitching and regenerating every few seconds by fleeing. Pansy little giant green prick, deserves to rot in a hole...
Eventually, people just decided to kill Kigatilik. We won pretty easily.
Arkas
Arkas
The Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

Killing Grond is the biggest challenge. Why? :

"Oh yes, every time he hops he’ll Regenerate/Heal roughly 20,000 health back immediately it seems and if not attacked immediately at his new landing point he will Regenerate/Heal faster."

Therefore he needs to be attacked on then next location by the next team as soon as possible, to make him regenerate much slower. But seems no one had guts to do it.
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

And he kept jumping around 4 seconds into combat, because he's a coward. We couldn't even do 15000 damage to him before he left!
Arkas
Arkas
The Dread Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:00 am

We'd need 3 teams. Tracker team who will inform us of next jump loction. One team engages him ,the third waits at the ne jump point. But that's only if anyine could be asked doing it with me...
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:57 am

Hmm. Seems like you would actually need a few more then just 3 teams. But each team would be at a specific location or they would cover 2 or 3 jump points. Trying to make sure that each one was covered. Then, a scout would be needed per group, someone who flies around looking for him while the others on the ground wait. Once he is found the rest of the team would come in and attack while the scout would have already been attacking. People from other close by teams could come as well, just as long as they didn't go to far from the spots they were supposed to watch. At the least, that is how I see it somewhat playing out. Would require at the least 2 people per jump point, for a total of 4-6 per team. Force fields or HoT bots would be a must, and a healer would be something you get if you are lucky. Seems this is more of a damage focus rather then full on tactical combat.

This whole thing is just the idea that I got, but I don't know how many people we can gather or even how many jump points there are. So if my idea is to out there, (which is probably is), then ignore it.
IshaAito
IshaAito

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 am

Duke volunteers if you need support healers. I also volunteer, though if I am there Duke can't be. Jack isn't ready to tank a guy like Grond yet.
Janet Green
Janet Green

CO Handle : Janet Green
Awesomeness Meter : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 am

I could probably tank if I had a healer and some super awesome forcefields and HoT bots.
IshaAito
IshaAito

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 pm

We also need players on lvls above 30. If we are to deal some serious damage, we should be higher lvls. Aslo, Ive seen people killing Grond as a group of 4 people, or two teams with 4 players each.
Uncle Delta
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 pm

I am not sure how it gets done in either case, I would need to watch them do it in order to figure out their strategy.
IshaAito
IshaAito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: